Nova Biomedical Headquarters
- 1978: First biosensor for Ionized Calcium
- 1980: First biosensor to measure Chloride in blood
- 1984: First biosensor to measure Total Calcium
- 1985: First biosensor to measure Hematocrit by ISE/Conductivity
- 1987: First biosensor to directly measure whole blood Glucose
- 1988: First biosensor to measure Lithium
- 1990: First biosensor to measure BUN (urea)
- 1992: First biosensor to directly measure whole blood Lactate
- 1994: First biosensor to measure Ionized Magnesium
- 1996: First biosensor to measure Creatinine
- 1996: First biosensor to measure Total CO2 in whole blood
- 1997: First multi-wavelength fiber optic SO2% assay
- 1998: First fiber optic Hemoglobin assay
- 1998: First Ammonium biosensor
- 1999: First non-diluting direct Glutamine biosensor
- 1999: First non-diluting direct Glutamate biosensor
- 2001: First Acetate biosensor
- 2005: First Hematocrit corrected Glucose strip
- 2007: First calibration free Glucose strip
- 2007: First Creatinine strip and meter
- 2009: First calibration free Ketone strip
- 2009: First IgG assay on a biotechnology analyzer
- 2011: First Hematocrit corrected hospital Lactate meter and strip
Nova Biosensor Technical Firsts
Nova Biomedical develops, manufactures and sells advanced technology blood testing analyzers based on electrochemical and optical measuring techniques. We employ over 1,000 people, have sales and service subsidiaries in 7 countries and distributors in over 90 other countries. Nova has manufacturing facilities in Waltham and Billerica, Massachusetts, as well as Taipei, Taiwan.
Nova is one of the 25 largest in vitro diagnostic companies in the world and the largest privately owned in vitro diagnostic company in the United States.
Hospital Based Blood Testing Analyzers
Nova Biomedical is the world technology leader in the development of fast whole blood analyzers to support the care of critically ill patients. Compared to any competitive alternative, Nova analyzers have the most extensive stat test menus and deliver these tests in the shortest time at the lowest costs. In addition Nova provides point of care, hand held meter and strip based systems for glucose, ketone, lactate and creatinine testing. Whether testing is performed in the central laboratory, emergency department, surgery, critical care, or respiratory care, Nova analyzers can help improve patient outcomes while reducing the cost of care.
Chemistry Analyzers for Biotechnology
Nova manufactures a series of BioProfile® automated chemistry and cell analysis analyzers for rapid testing of key nutrients, metabolites, gases and cell status in cell culture and fermentation media.
Self-Testing Diabetes Products
Nova develops and manufactures blood glucose test strips and monitors for self testing by diabetics. These glucose monitors are distributed under the Nova Max® label in the US and Canada and under the Menarini label in Europe.
Product Development and Manufacturing for Corporate Partners
In addition to Nova brand products, our Contract Services Division develops and manufactures medical devices and diagnostic products for many of the world’s leading healthcare corporations. Nova’s Contract Services Division has established itself as one of the leading medical product development and manufacturing companies in the world by designing only to the highest standards of quality and reliability, and manufacturing at the lowest costs.
Pioneering Technological Innovations
Nova Biomedical has a 35-year history of being the world’s leader in developing whole blood biosensors for clinical and cell culture/fermentation analyzers.